Friday, August 26, 2005

Finally - it's Friday - My review of LLCC this week

Ok, Ok.

Again and again this week, I've asked myself: Am I absolutely insane for starting college at age 29? Yes, I went to nursing school in 97, but that's a completely different ballgame. As Becky once said "It was nurse prison". Something I had to do. As a former drug addict, it was completely necessary at the time in order to get my life together. And I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever.

And the degree I am seeking. Journalism. A certain writer with the AP actually made me realize my passion for writing again, and however much I love performing...it far outweighs my love of performing. God. I never thought I'd say that (or type that) out loud. But it is true. While writing my 1st Draft of my Humor Narrative in Comp 111 this week, I found that something just FLOWS out of me. Whether it is good enough to make a living at, who knows. But at least I can say that I really am trying.

While by no means do I mean to belittle Lincoln Land Community College by this statement: I feel like I am in high school again. Since I graduated from SSHS in 1994, it's quite a culture shock. The cattiness in the classrooms, professors having to explain why we should come to class on time. I guess it's a good thing.

I have to take freaking remedial Math. It's about to kill me. I scored through the roof on writing and reading comp, but my mind kind of went blank when it came to math. So, the first thing we studied was the placement of numbers. Not decimals or anything. TENS, ONES - HUNDREDS. I amost died. I knew I needed help, but GOD.

Biology - the first few days I thought I would pass out from boredom. Nothing makes me more tired than hearing about the make-up of different atoms. Ugh. Hopefully it will become more interesting later.

Psychology - this is wonderful. When I took it in nursing prison, nothing made me happier. Maybe that is because I am from a fucking nutso family, and now I know what is wrong with them ;) Seriously, nothing makes me happier.

Comp - I absolutely love this. It is studying Humorous writing. I was horribly taken aback at first, because when it is put on the spot, I am horribly self-conscious. What if I'm not funny? What if I make an absolute ass of myself? Worse than usual? Whew.

Well, all in all, not a BAD week.

No comments: