Saturday, March 04, 2006

Life or Something Like It

Ok...so many subjects...so little freaking time.

It's been a month of co-habitating with Michael...and he hasn't killed me yet. That's a huge plus. I must have some sort of hold on him - he's auditioning for the Muni with me on Sunday. This is a double edged sword, I know. I'm elated that he's interested in what I am...yet...he's a man. Without uncertainty...he will be cast. Me...not so much certainty. This isn't a scientific quote...but I think the ratio to men vs. women auditioning is about 1:10. Draw your own conclusions. But hell, I feel the same way about my dad. Love, love, love him - but he's talented. There ya go.

I am also doing a 360 with my audition song. I've changed it at least 10 times in the past 2 months. First, it was a sappy ass love song. Then, it was a sappier love song. It wound up going to a belting bitch song...then I decided to stop all of this procrastinating. They're doing Chicago and I have been singing "When You're Good to Mama" for the past 4 years while in Little Rock. My problem is...that the rumor mill has been going nutso. I heard that someone was pre-cast for the role of Mama Morton. When asking people who kind of know what they're doing - they said to audition for Mama. I was stuck. First, my best friend in the entire world is auditioning for that role. Hmmm. Second, I'm wayyyy too young. Third, what makes me thing that I'm so fucking good that I could actually stand a chance? Then I woke up. This is freaking COMMUNITY THEATER. Also, I really dig this role. As sparse as Chicago is done in Community Theaters nowdays...who is to say when I will get the chance to audition for this show again? And if I was in Little Rock...would I let this keep me down? Hell, no. I would go in there all ballsy and kick some ass. So there it is.

Healthwise - I suck. Cellulitis is NOT my friend. I've been laid up here in this damn house. Unable to go to rehearsal. Craziness.

But hey - I blogged for the 1st time in eons...I'm proud of me ;)

"It's Roller Derby Now"

No comments: