Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Crazy Law

Ok, I rode my bike as a kid. Loved it! But 9 times out of 10, I rode on the sidewalk.

I was informed on Sunday that there is a state law which prohibits bicyclists from riding on the sidewalk. ????????????

In the State Journal Register here in lover-ly Springfield, Illinois - there was a letter to the editor blasting a driver for accidentally hitting a cyclist.

Okay. I almost hit a cyclist the other day. Not because I'm a bad driver. But because this drunken bastard was weaving all over the road like he owned it.

If the law is that cyclists have to use the road, might I propose something:
  1. Paint bicycle lanes on the roads. Not just in the parks.
  2. Make it illegal for intoxicated cyclists.
  3. USE YOUR HAND SIGNALS WHEN RIDING YOUR BIKE
  4. You don't own the road - watch for traffic. If you see an oncoming car....MOVE!!!!

No comments: