Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Just My Luck

Just my luck...right person, right time, wrong state.

Okay, so I've known this certain someone since, oh, say circa 2000 or 2001. Wonderful guy. Great writer, loves theater, same music tastes, television and movie tastes...and some things I won't publish on this blog. But wtf...he lives in Arkansas.

If you've read any of my previous postings, you'll know that the reason why I moved to and moved away from the lovely, exciting state of Bill Clinton-land was because of a pseudo-relationship that I was in. This person and I communicated for about 5 years off & on, and being with psycho person, I didn't want to let him in, for fear that the psycho would scare him away. As the psycho did to so many others that I could have connected with. I wouldn't even meet him for coffee.

So out of the blue, I began reading his blogger page. Was totally blown away. Nothing like a great read. So I just dropped him a line to say hello, and we began talking. I mean REALLY talking. Have you ever had a moment when you were like "damn". You just knew instinctively that this could possibly BE. Be what, you're not sure...but maybe, just maybe...

It's like everything just seemed to fall into place. Like...I don't know. I actually gave him my number. I mean, fuck, I'm 500 miles away...what can it hurt. And I hate talking on the phone. Seriously. We talked for 3 hours. Three freaking hours. Like I was a teenager, but adult conversation. He totally blew me away.

So what now? I seriously do not know. Stay tuned...I'm sure a heartbreak is headed my way...

2 comments:

Michael Brown said...

He sounds like a lucky guy.

Ms. Hep said...

LMAO - or the other way around