Thursday, September 22, 2005

A Plethora of Useless Bantering

Okay - I have a lot on my mind today. So please bear with me. A lot of subjects in one useless blog.

A New/Old Car, a Lesson in Priorities

Georgia's not so bad sometimes. Sometimes. A neighbor was selling their car for $800, she talked them down to $700, and I put in $300, she came up with the other $400. Wow. My independence has been renewed.

So imagine my suprise when a friend of mine who is directing Nunsense in Jacksonville asked me to play Sr. Robert Anne. Wow. I was so excited - being cast without auditioning. Then sunk in the truth. Why am I back in Illinois? School. Work. I've got a shitload on my plate this semester, and I know me very well. I am a true performer at heart. I would have put everything on the back burner to play this part. So let's go over the list of priorities, shall we?

  1. Gas is really expensive. Really expensive. Would I be able to afford cutting down my hours at the big mouse, and paying probably $20 a day in gas? Probably not.
  2. One of my finals falls during tech week of the show. Nix.
  3. Georgia threatened to kick me out if I took the part. 'Nuff said.

Welcome to the real world. I don't think I've ever lived in it...while in Springfield, Illinois.

No comments: