Thursday, September 01, 2005

What the Hell is Wrong With the US?

Being addicted to CNN and various news channels over the past 3-4 days in response to the tragedy of Hurricane Katrina...I am sickened, saddened, and really, really pissed off.

Today I heard that the Lieutenant Governor of Louisiana said that the people who didn't evacuate New Orleans did so on their own free will. Hmmm...that really burns me a new asshole. What the fuck is going on? There were over 100,000 people who could not afford to leave, or who were too sick, or too elderly to do so. My God. It's funny how FEMA was able to scrounge up charter and school buses to transport the people from the SuperDome over to Houston to the Astro Dome. But they weren't able to do so BEFORE the disaster? And don't tell me any of this bullshit that they didn't know. THEY KNEW. The Weather Channel screamed for 24 hours "IT IS A CATEGORY 5. THIS SPELLS OUT CATASTROPHE". Does an evacuation plan only count for people who have cars?

More later...I need to smoke after that. My prayers are with EVERYONE who was affected by this tragedy.

No comments: