Thursday, November 24, 2005

RENT!!

Ok...so I'll admit it. Since "Rent" first came out, I was anti-the whole show. As a whole. Just because I was sick of all of the young kids who were "Rentheads" going around quoting lines & songs from the show.

I saw the movie tonight with what had to be the entire community theater community here in Springfield. Well, not all - but a good chunk of 'em.

And I absolutely loved it. There were portions of the show (even though I had never seen, or heard any of the music except for the "Seasons of Love" song) that you could tell that were cut, and so some of the scenes seemed a little disjointed at times.

Nonetheless, it was a wonderful, moving, and fun movie. I do hope that everyone has a chance to go and see it.

Happy Turkey Day, all!! Be safe...be well!

2 comments:

Ms. Hep said...

LOL - I am thinking of you slaving away at Uncle Horace - haha.

No, it was just "Gay men bitching". I love it. As a person who had no intentions of enjoying the movie - I did so very much. The music is great, and I'm an Idina Menzel fan but I agree she's a little old for the part.

But then again, when you put a whole bunch of stage actors in a film - of course it's a little difficult for them to make the transition.

But I'm an amateur theater person - I don't pretend to be a faux critic like ONE of the people on GG's website.

Dr. Zoom said...

OK ... it's been a week. We demand fresh meat!